Re: Want to review a book about GNOME 3?

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Packt Publishing has recently put out a book on GNOME 3, which was written
by Mohammad Anwari. It would be great to have a review of the book on
gnome.org. As with all of their books about free software projects, Packt
will give us a small percentage of the royalties as a donation, and
slightly more if we promote it on our website (which would include
publishing a review). Either way, they'll send us a couple of promotional
copies to conduct the review and it would be great to have our view on it
out there (positive or negative).

Karen,

If it is going to be sold via Amazon, GNOME might want to look into
the Amazon non-profit affiliates program.  I believe Brad Kuhn / Tony
Sebro of SFC recently went through registering SFC (and member
projects) that wanted to earn click-through donations from purchases
of project-related books, they could probably tell you more about it.

cjl