Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

Richard Stallman wrote on 17/08/2013 1:10:

I don't think it'll make much of a difference as neither technical nor philosophical arguments are often part of, not what gets discussed at GNOME but, what gets decided. To make sure that it's noted I do agree with Richard on this:

But I don't think that applies to most of what GitHub or Savannah does.
Those are communication activities.  You couldn't do them by calling
a library in your own computer.  So it is ok to use services for that
(but pay attention to the privacy issues).  However, it would be nice
if we could do it in a peer-to-peer fashion.
I also wonder what Github offers that can't be done peer to peer. Note that I lack experience in the magic of quantum-marketing iCloud stuff.

Kind regards,

Philip