Re: Announcing GNOME's official GitHub mirror

Hello Christophe,

A script to mirror in gitorious is more than welcome.

Also, "a free alternative" is a bit of a red herring, there is a
technical alternative, yes, but there is no alternative to the user
base inside github. Also, if you think hordes of people will stop
using github just because of our mirror being somewhere else, I think
you're overestimating our ability to influence people.

My intent is not promoting a free software git hosting service, my
intent is to promote GNOME, hence my choice.