Re: A new Membership status: Emeritus

On Tue, 29 May 2012, Andre Klapper wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 22:26 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
> > "Members of the Foundation are required to have made a valuable,
> > recent and non-trivial contribution to the project, and should be
> > planning to actively contribute in the future".
>
> [...]
>
> Or in other words: If I for the next fifty years tell you 25 times
> (every two years that my status is renewed) that I plan to do stuff in
> the future again and my past contributions are 50 years ago, will I
> still be able to renew my membership?

This actually misses one of the above requirements: contributions must
be recent, thus if you last contributed 50 years ago but you plan to
start contributing again from tomorrow, you won't be able to renew
your membership.

> Any time periods in mind?

I think we never defined any time period but recent contributions can
be considered the ones from the past month to past six months. (that
also depends from case to case and from the amount of contributions
the applicant did during his stay on the GNOME community)

If applicant's contributions are not recent enough, the "planning to
actively contribute in the future" requirement isn't taken into
account at all, thus we wouldn't accept an applicant that did a
non-trivial amount of contributions one or two years ago but applied
today.

cheers,

Andrea