Re: Facilitating the Integration of Free Software into Academic Courses (was Re: Questions for the board election candidates)

On 05/24/2012 06:49 PM, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
> * They are not familiar with -- and thus not comfortable teaching --
>   all the tools we use.
> * They want certainty in terms of assignments and projects.
> * They want predictability with respect to a schedule.
> * They want a curriculum they can follow.
> * They do not want to be pioneers.
>
> BUT, they seem to truly dig the idea other than that.

FWIW, Software Carpentry is one of the more successful experiment I've seen in
the "Free Software meets Academic Courses" experiments.  Thought I share the link:

  http://software-carpentry.org/

behdad