Re: Desktop Summit Planning

Hi Brian,

On 12/14/2011 04:42 AM, Brian Cameron wrote:
The board would like for the Foundation membership to help discuss
and decide whether it makes sense to move forward with having a Desktop
Summit. Although the Desktop Summit survey results indicated a strong
majority were supportive of the current format, we want to want to
understand what plans would engage GNOME Foundation members and
volunteers the most. If we choose to have a Desktop Summit, we need to
consider how the event needs to evolve to be more effectively
collaborative and whether we think it should keep to the current 2-year
schedule.

It's been a few months since this thread - and (as I've indicated off-list) it's making it hard to figure out whether we're going to put in a Lyon bid this year without knowing what the GNOME conference will look like in 2013.

Do you have an ETA on when we might have a decision on this, Brian?

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary