Re: Introduction

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Olivier Sessink <olivier bluefish openoffice nl> wrote:
Hi all,

My name is Olivier Sessink, and I'm a new member of the GNOME foundation. I live in the Netherlands.

Welcome!

I've been working for a long time on the sidelines of the gnome project. I've been programming gtk applications since 1996, the most well known application is the Bluefish editor.

I've used that it's quite good and very popular software.

In my daytime I work for a large governement organisation where we deploy a gnome based desktop. With a large implementation you sometimes hit funny limits (who needs 2500 printers in the gnome printer dialog ?). Since few developers have the chance to test their software in such a large implementation I try blog about such issues and notify the developers.

I was thinking of setting up a gnome integration mailing list to exchange ideas about how to deploy GNOME in a large corporate or government environment, schools and so forth.  Is that something you would be interested in?

And welcome to the foundation!  I'm glad you applied!

sri

regards,

       Olivier Sessink