Re: Question for candidates

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:

* What do you think GNOME should do to help promote the ideals of free
software, beyond being composed of free programs.

I think we should make awesome free software.

I think there's a group of people that believe very strongly in free software and will use GNOME just because it's free software.

But most of the world will use GNOME because it works well for them. (For many different reasons: accessibility, cost, features, ...) To them, the fact that it's free software will be an additional benefit, something that makes them feel good about the software they use, but unlikely to be the only reason they decide to use GNOME. We should include that in any "marketing" we do, but I think most of our marketing should be focused on the problem our software solves.

Stormy