Re: Candidates question: Contributor agreement

Olav:

On 05/26/11 05:01, Olav Vitters wrote:
Given that we already have a policy on copyright assignments[1], I
wondered what is your position regarding contributor agreements[2]?
Should the board do something with contributor agreements and if so,
what should be done?

I am proud to say that over the past few years The GNOME Foundation has
gotten several modules to drop their frivolous demands for assignments
by applying pressure in this area.

The GNOME Copyright assignment policy is clear that while we generally
oppose them, still any situation must be considered on a case-by-case
basis.  So, whenever there is an issue, we still need to discuss it
and this often takes time.

Brian