Re: Questions for all board candidates

Le jeudi 26 mai 2011 à 05:43 -0700, Jeff Schroeder a écrit :
> 1.) For incumbents, have you missed any meetings? What is your % of
> missed vs attended meetings and why? For new challengers, how much
> time can you dedicate to working on the board each week? How do you
> plan on spending that time?

I don't think that the time spent is a good measurement. I prefer to use
achievements.

We all know people that spend 80h/week at work, saying all the time that
they are busy and, in the end, don't achieve anything (or annoy those
who want to achieve something).

On the other hand, I know some people who always look relax and you
never see them actually working (or rarely). But they have an amazing
track of achievements.

If elected, I will have the chance that working on the foundation will
be compatible with my job. I don't plan to count the hours, I will
concentrate on getting things done.

> 2.) Other open source / free software projects run their meetings in
> the open via IRC (such as Fedora's FESCO I believe). Would you
> consider that, and if not, what about recording how board members vote
> on a given topic. This includes +1 / -1 / abstains and perhaps give a
> small comment on any -1 or abstain. In my opinion, as an open
> foundation, the transparency of the board is absolutely critical
> _where possible_. Leaders should always set the example for members.

Board members are elected representatives. They don't take decision for
themselves, they are the voice of the people who voted for them. As
such, I believe that any formal vote/decision of board members should be
made public.

If some opacity is required, it should be well defined and for a given
time. Or at least, it should be justified.

Lionel