Re: Candidacy: Emmanuele Bassi
- From: Guido Iodice <guidoiodice associazionemetamorfosi com>
- To: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Candidacy: Emmanuele Bassi
- Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 23:18:50 +0200
2011/5/21 Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>:
> On 2011-05-21 at 22:11, Guido Iodice wrote:
>> So, locking GNOME to Fedora is simply short-sighted
> first of all: at no point in my email I talked about Linux-only, and
> least of all, at no point I've written Fedora. so that's that, and I
> think you're projecting the flamewar on d-d-l here — so I'll kindly
> ask you to stop right there.
Fedora is an example. You did miss the point.
And, I like Fedora very much and I use it to test GNOME 3.
> second of all: "lock in" with an open source project is a ridiculous
It's not so ridiculous. If a FLOSS project works for many years only
on a specific platform, it could be hard to port it on another
] [Thread Prev