Re: desktopsummit registration forces gnome users to have a kde identity

On 03/11/2011 09:28 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
Hi,

Frederic Muller wrote:
It seems that there are 2 options and the identify.kde.org choice was
taken out of convenience for one party. Why not chose the neutral option
being fair for both sides instead and avoiding the issue of GNOME asking
it's user to register at identify.kde.org instead?

That's seems to be a much more logical choice, no?
The people who advocated for this decision when it came up felt that the
domain name would not make a big difference, and that the important
thing was to use a well established architecture.
A lack of manpower to help with the infrastructure was also a big factor.
We're all volunteers who set this up [1] and we really wanted to get the call of papers up in time to actually get any talks at all. :)

1. This is also why the design of the website is kind of crap (there is not footer design like on the holding page for example, and the css is a joke). I was so stressed out when doing that :(
- Andreas