Re: proposal to change GNOME's trademark guidelines

Le mercredi 27 juillet 2011, à 20:13 -0400, Karen Sandler a écrit :
> > This requirement is waived in all contexts where such marks are not
> > normally included, such as email, online discussion, package names,
> > non-graphical advertisements (when permitted), and academic papers.
> > We encourage the use of the symbol whenever possible, but recognize
> > that many non-commercial and informal uses will omit it.
>
> We want to make sure that people can use GNOME software and talk about it
> freely without unreasonable restrictions. The aim is to adopt this
> amendment to the policy in two weeks if there are no objections. Public
> discussion here about it would be great, and folks can contact me
> privately too if they want to.

+1 for this change.

But I wonder if we shouldn't go further: I find it really ugly that we
have to put the TM next to the GNOME logo on our t-shirts, for
instance... If this is covered by the "many non-commercial and informal
uses" that will omit the symbol, then I actually wonder: when should it
not be omitted?

Cheers,

Vincent

--