Re: Desktop Summit Planning

Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> a écrit:

> For instance, having Plumbers conference with a desktop conference would be
> quite interesting I think considering the direction we are moving towards.
> A vertical platform, this might be more interesting.

I couldn't agree more, Sri.  Thank you for raising this.  I'd personally
find the idea more interesting and potentially fruitful in terms of
synergies we could build and leverage on than a Desktop Summit with our
KDE friends.  Heck I'd think we'd even get more bang for the bucks if we
could co-locate these two events with something like the GNU Tools
Cauldron[1].  But that would be food for future thoughts at this point.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that hosting an event like GUADEC
(co-located with, e.g, the Plumbers conference) in the U.S. might cause
quite some frictions for some non-U.S. citizens willing to join the
event because of the difficulty of dealing with the visa system.

[1]: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/cauldron2012

--
		Dodji