Re: Boston Summit logistics (was Re: Desktop Summit Planning)

2011/12/16 Máirín Duffy <duffy fedoraproject org>:
> On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 10:39 -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
>> Thanks so much for offering to look into this, Richard! I hear that the
>>     Stata Center was a better location in the past than the Economics Building
>>     if we have the choice...
>>
>> When it was in the Stata Center, which rooms were they?  If I get the
>> room numbers, I will know exactly what to ask for.
>
> From what I can tell from the wiki, we were in the Stata center most
> recently in 2005 and haven't been since.
>
> Stata Center rooms:
> - Kirsch Auditorium
> - Room 124
> - Room 144
> - Room 154
> - Hallway between those rooms for a registration + food table
>
> (more details https://live.gnome.org/Boston2005/TheSchedule)
>
> Alternatively, in 2006 we were in the Media Lab:
> - Bartos Theatre
> - Rothschild Room
> - Wiesner Room
> - Room 235
> - Room 135
> - Room 483A
> - Room 443A
> - "Cool Hangout Room"
>
> (more details https://live.gnome.org/Boston2006)
>
> In 2008, 2009, & 2010 we were at the MIT Sloan Tang Center / E51
> Building:
> - E51-315
> - E51-325
> - E51-335
> - E51-345
> - E51-372
> - E51-376
> - Hallway between those rooms for a registration + food table
>
> (more details https://live.gnome.org/Boston2010)
>
> I'm not sure which is the economics building (I guess E51?)
>
> Anyway I hope this list helps.
>
> ~m

The problem with the Stata Center is it costs money, is harder to book
and the rooms do not hold as much and usually we need an extra room
outside the main hall.  The Tang center is usually given to us gratis,
have huge rooms with AV equipment, no AV setup charges and is usually
easy to book during the columbus day weekend.  It isn't as sexy as the
Stata Center but it fits our needs much better.  Also I have to note
that I think booking for next year doesn't start until February or
March.

--
John (J5) Palmieri