Re: SiS video cards and GNOME 3

On 16 Oct 2010, at 15:19, Jonh Wendell wrote:

> So, I'm wondering if the Foundation could, somehow, help in this area.
> Two ideas came up (not mutually exclusive):
>
> 1) Fund someone to writer a proper X org driver for SiS cards
> 2) Talk to SiS to solve the problem

3) Build more elegant fallback modes into gnome-shell so that you don't lose all the functionality altogether, similar to the approach Windows and OS X took when they first introduced features into their desktop that required a minimum level of graphics card support.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Oracle Corporation Ireland Ltd.
mailto:calum benson oracle com         Solaris Desktop Team

Any opinions are personal and not necessarily those of Oracle Corp.