Stormy's Update: Week of March 22nd

http://blogs.gnome.org/foundation/2010/03/30/stormys-update-week-of-march-22nd/

  * Friends of GNOME ruler launched. The campaign has been a great
success so far - thanks, everyone!
    * Jeremy Allison joined the GNOME Advisory Board representing Google.
    * Worked with a potential sponsor.
    * Met with Rosanna to discuss the things she's got going on
(invoices, reimbursements, bank stuff, etc) and the Friends of GNOME
gifts. Proposed that maybe we could send gifts via a supplier like
Amazon. Having too many gifts to send out is a good problem to have!
    * Met with Brian Cameron to discuss my work. It's about time for a
midyear review.
    * Sent lots of thank you's to Friends of GNOME who donated.
Thanks, everyone!
    * Discussed a couple of GUADEC things like press. Need to wrap up
the sponsors.
    * Attended GNOME Foundation IRC meeting.
    * Discussed who could attend FOSS Nigeria as the person who was
going to attend on GNOME's behalf had to cancel for work.
    * Organized a Women in Technology happy hour with Julie Bort in
Fort Collins. Not GNOME related all though all GNOME women are
welcome!
    * Reviewed GNOME 2.30 press release and Project Accessibility &
GNOME press release.
    * Wrapped up an advisory board interview for GNOME Journal.
    * Decided to move the Meet the Funders event to the fall. That
will avoid conflict with lots of summer conferences and enable us to
plan in person at OSCON.
    * Interviewed with a Northern California radio show on women and
Unix and Linux.
    * Met with an analyst trying to figure out how many Linux mobile
devices there will be.
    * Attended FSF Women's IRC meeting. Sounds like the women's track
at Libre Planet was a great success!
    * Attended Open World Forum committee meeting. Haven't yet
committed to helping any particular track.

For this week:

    * Review my very long todo list and make sure I'm working on the
most important stuff.
    * Start a conversation on GNOME Mobile about what to do with the
Nokia funding.
    * Try to close with all GUADEC sponsors.
    * Work out a schedule for the Linux Foundation Collaboration
Summit desktop track.
    * Annual report letter.