Membership Committee meeting minutes

hi,

the GNOME Membership Committee had its first meeting exactly two days
ago (on 11/03/2010) and here they come all the meeting's details:

Attending:

    * Andrea Veri
    * Bruno Boaventura
    * Pedro Villavicencio
    * Susana Pereira

Regrets:

    * Tobias Mueller

Agenda for the meeting and items discussed:

* checking up membership guidelines
* preparing elections
* discuss any improvement to the foundation.g.o website
* check for active / inactive members and find one more new member
  (if needed)
* elect a new chairman
* discuss new members self-introduction to foundation-list

Decisions:

* check and modify form letters (they look too old and often we
  don't get from vouchers what we need to judge an application) (form
  letters are stored in our wiki page available at FormLetters [1])
* modify the applicant.php [2] page to make it more readable and
  friendly (we should remove some useless fields making the page more
  clear. Also we should ask the applicants to write a good resume of
  their past and present contributions together with at least two
  vouchers emails)
* contact the Board of Directors and see if MC have autonomy to
  change the number of vouchers required for an application. (and also
  if we have the possibility to modify the foundation.gnome.org
  website)
* update the foundation.gnome.org website to make it more close to
  how gnome.org looks like. (we will need the Website / Art team to
  help us out a bit with this task) --> this needs to be forwarded to
  the Board to check if their fine with this. (Bruno prepared a mail
  already)
* AndreaVeri to send a patch for the Mango git branch asking for
  new members to send out a small introduction about themselves on the
  foundation-list mailing list as per link posted above [3])
* new members will be posted on the foundation-list every one
  month or when we gonna reach 10 approved members as per
  MembershipCommittee/ApprovedMembers [4]
* check with Tobias about elections scripts et all, this will be
  discussed separately on our mailing list in the near future. (the
  elections need to end before GUADEC in June / July)
* AndreaVeri got appointed as the new chairman of the
  MembershipCommittee. (the quorum voted unanimously in favour)
  (Thanks Bruno for all your work in the past two years)
* we checked for active and inactive members on the Membership
  Committee and we updated our page accordingly. (The MC official
  members allowed to process new Foundation Members and prepare
  elections are listed at the bottom of the MembershipCommittee wiki
  page [5])

[1] http://live.gnome.org/MembershipCommittee/FormLetters
[2] http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/application.php
[3] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2010-February/msg00027.html