Re: Reboot: Strategic goals for GNOME

    See http://www.fsf.org/news/2009-07-mscp-mono for details.

    That article is a load of crap, a package of half truths.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you're wrong.
I invite people to read it and judge for themselves.

Some of the points in the article -- not all -- deal with situations
that may or may not occur, but that doesn't make them invalid or
irrelevant.  To judge the effects of a patent promise like this one,
it is necessary to consider the possible situations that might arise.

    Implementing a free platform for C# is a good thing to do.  If you
    > would like to promote the use of C# itself, how about explaining to
    > Novell and Microsoft that they need to fully implement said protection
    > in an ironclad way for all the usual C# libraries.

    I spend a considerable amount of time doing this.   It has taken time,
    and there would be no Community Promise, and there would be no
    Silverlight agreement (the one that has no special Novell provisions)
    without this work.

Thank you for working on it, and I hope you eventually succeed.