Re: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap

    It would make more sense perhaps to ask why you need a centralised web
    site for this rather than tying it together distributed sites and people
    together through links in the same way that rss permits news to be
    aggregated without there being some central repository of the world's
    news.

I agree that is the better direction to take.  But I am not proposing
that we, in GNOME, undertake to replace Facebook in any fashion.  That
would be far outside the scope of GNOME.

I am only saying that if we develop software specifically to work with
Facebook, we should take care to prevent it from conveying the message
"Use Facebook!"