Re: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap

The information about Facebook and the CIA comes from The Guardian.
See http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/14/facebook.

Since it was proposed to write software specifically to talk with
Facebook, I mentioned the issues this would raise.  But Facebook is an
example of a more general point: any time we consider developing
software to work with a certain web site, we should ask ourselves
whether we want to single out that web site for the special
endorsement and promotion that is implicit in releasing such software.

Different sites raise different issues, and our judgments won't be the
same for all of them.  The point is that we ought to think about the
question, rather than promote use of a site simply because many people
are already using it.