Survey Results from the GNOME Foundation Goals Survey

Back in January, we were discussing GNOME Foundation goals and my goals. I put together a survey for people to weigh in[1]. The results are published[2].

Overwhelmingly in the survey people care about GNOME 3.0 and releasing GNOME 3.0 in September as their first priority.

After that, all the other issues got similar weight.

If you look at the comments in my blog[3] and on lwn[4] and in the survey itself[2], they are all technical product related suggestions with a priority on usability and reliability. Unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of comments on how the foundation could accomplish that. (Hackfests, hiring people, ...?)

Stormy

[1]�http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2010-January/msg00135.html
[2]�http://live.gnome.org/Foundation/Goals/2010/Survey
[3]�http://www.stormyscorner.com/2010/01/what-should-the-gnome-foundation-accomplish-in-2010.html