Re: Thanks, and a Brief Survey
- From: Stormy Peters <stormy peters gmail com>
- To: Philip Van Hoof <pvanhoof gnome org>
- Cc: Luis Villa <luis tieguy org>, Ciaran O'Riordan <ciaran member fsf org>, foundation-list gnome org, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org>
- Subject: Re: Thanks, and a Brief Survey
- Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:46:14 -0700
On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Philip Van Hoof <pvanhoof gnome org>
As the GNOME community's values have a strong ethical ground, I question
> Using the term "free software" helps because it leads people to make a
> connection with a philosophy that answers exactly that question. Other
> helpful measures can include more prominently displaying the fact that GNOME
> insists on freedom, and explanations of why software freedom is valuable.
the necessity of the FSF's philosophical help.
I believe the insinuation that we do is misplaced.
Support for free software != "FSF philosophical help." The FSF supports free software just like GNOME does.
] [Thread Prev