Media training at the LF Collaboration Summit

Hi all,

I was talking to Jennifer Cloer from the Linux Foundation recently,
about the possibility of having media training at a conference somewhere
so that people involved in free software projects could train up on
dealing with the press.

She was very enthusiastic about the idea, so we asked Amanda (hi
Amanda!) whether she thoughht it would be a good fit with the
Collaboration Summit. She agreed, so we've started planning it.

Jennifer has agreed to teach a half-day module during the summit (we
still need to figure out the details & syllabus, but you can assume it
will cover things like framing your message, growing your media
contacts, drafting talking points, interview & press release best
practices) targeting participants in free software projects.

When the foundation opens registration, I will be encouraging anyone who
wants to attend to register. In the meantime, I'd really like to get an
idea of how many people from this list are interested, to gauge interest
& request the right sized room.

Thanks!
Dave.

--