Call for hosts for GUADEC 2010 / Follow up meeting
- From: Srinivasa Ragavan <sragavan gnome org>
- To: foundation-announce gnome org, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Call for hosts for GUADEC 2010 / Follow up meeting
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:38:34 +0530
During the last board meeting. we discussed on having a follow up
meeting on call for hosts. The main idea here would be to have a
meeting, where the foundation members and others will have an
opportunity to chat/ask with previous GUADEC organizers on various
topics. Lot of people would have queries, doubts on organizing an
event of this kind, and Q&As during the meeting will help us get over
that. I approached Baris, Agustin, Quim, Paul and Dave, yet to confirm
the timings from them.
Topics to suggest:
* location (city)
* venue & number of rooms needed
* local team size
* how much time will it take to plan and run?
* what non-local resources are there
* agenda & speakers
* Call for Papers
* Conference Infrastructure
The meeting will be on 22nd September, 17:00 UTC on irc. Server
GimpNet, channel: #guadec-planning. We know that the time might be
tough for few people (including me, its 10.30pm). The chat logs will
be formatted and available for reading post meeting. I will be
sending an meeting invite soon.
PS: Please pass this message across, if you know some one who might be
interested in this.
] [Thread Prev