Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

Hi,

Lucas Rocha wrote:
> The GNOME Code of Conduct[1] has been serving
> very well as an informal guideline for the community but we'd like to
> make it an official document that new Foundation members are expected
> to explicitly agree[2] with before being accepted. This way we'll have a
> common ground for dealing with certain conflict situations and avoid
> trying to base our discussions on guidelines that certain members
> haven't explicitly agreed on.

My views on this are already well known:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2009-May/msg00066.html

It seems like the issue isn't making people promise to be nice, it's
what happens when they aren't. And once again the board has taken the
easy way out, by not being judgemental about reported behaviour.

In this case, I'd like to see the board clearly come out & say "we don't
have a problem with this", or "we have a problem with this" (while
saying what "this" is), instead of having a wishy-washy solution. Mostly
I agree with Emmanuele & Jason on this.

Cheers,
Dave.

--