Re: Meeting Minutes Published - October 29, 2009

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the detailed and readable notes!

On Fri 13 Nov 2009 22:27, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron Sun COM> writes:

> Minutes for Meeting of October 29th, 2009
[...]
>       More generally, we need to make sure that GNOME Foundation members
>       sign the GNOME Code of Conduct, and perhaps make it a requirement
>       for new members to sign. Also need to update the GNOME blog and
>       planet so that it is more clear that people should follow the
>       GNOME Code of Conduct.

A couple of thoughts:

First, the planet has always been under editorial control; it has a
maintainer, like any other module -- actually a few of them.

Therefore, what is or is not on the planet may fairly be seen to be
under the purview of the maintainer(s), who are there due to their
respected position in the field of their module, in this case in the
"public discourse" of GNOME. So they can promote or censure certain
kinds of speech as they see fit.

Secondly, binding or pseudo-binding resolutions on the Foundation
membership should probably be ratified by the Foundation membership
itself via some more formal process. As it is I don't think a majority
have "signed" the CoC. (FWIW, I have.)

Cheers, and keep up the good work,

Andy
--