Re: What do you think of the foundation?

On Sat, 30 May 2009 10:27:00 -0400
Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:

> On 05/30/2009 08:10 AM, Stormy Peters wrote:
>
> > (And we have lost members of our community because we haven't enforced
> > that Code of Conduct.)
>
> How accurate is that statement?

I know of at least one example therefore it is accurate.

Anyway it's a mistake IMHO to mix up "freedom of speech" (which even the
US only means 'political speech' not rights to scream hatred) and what
gets to all intents and purposes published and branded by the foundation.

Any right I may have to have a loud rant about someone stops well short
of a right to have it appear in the New York Times. Ditto
planet.gnome.org, which is effectively a foundation site and should have
a policy that makes Gnome actually look responsible and grown up.

What happens on some other site ("ranters.pants-off.org" seems free) is
another matter, but if its Gnome branded it ought to be handled
responsibly.