Questions for the candidates
- From: Susana Pereira <susana pereira gmail com>
- To: foundation-list gnome org, foundation-announce gnome org
- Subject: Questions for the candidates
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:17:40 +0100
Here is the updated list of questions. Hopefully, this one will let us
discuss important issues without taking too much time from our
You can find the list of candidates for the upcoming elections here:
1. For outgoing board members: what have been the upsides/good things
from your previous stint at the Board which you would like to see
carried forward into this term ?
2. If you are a new candidate: what specific SMART
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMART_(project_management)) goals would
you like to put for yourself? Or, in other words, how would you like
to measure yourself and, let others know how you are doing ?
3. What part of being a board member do you think will be most
difficult for you? How do you plan to compensate for that?
4. Do you have any experience on management teams or boards at
non-profits? If so, can you give an example of a change you affected
in that role? If not, what makes you think that you will be a good
board member? What single change do you want to affect during your
5. What are the specific areas of the Foundation's focus and strategy
where you think you can contribute as a change agent ?
6. Do you think we need to make the being a member of the Foundation
feel more valuable, and how do you think we should do that? What would
you change about the Foundation to make it more useful to members.
7. Do you have any plans on how can the board help bring the GNOME
platform and desktop in the top of opensource desktop and mobile
8. Do you think the GNOME Foundation and the GNOME projects get
enough representation at events? If not, how would you fix that?
9. What, in your view, are the top 5 requirements (from a strategic
perspective) for the GNOME communities world-wide ?
Let's begin the discussion.
] [Thread Prev