Candidacy: Behdad Esfahbod
- From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org>
- To: foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org>, GNOME Membership Committee <membership-committee gnome org>
- Subject: Candidacy: Behdad Esfahbod
- Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:31:33 -0400
Name: Behdad Esfahbod
Mail: behdad behdad org / behdad gnome org
Affiliation: Red Hat
I've been serving on board for 2.5 years now and have been holding the title
of President of the Foundation and Chairman of the board for the current term.
Fortunately the experience is not as painful as it used to be, thanks to
Stormy. I think we are in a very good shape on the organization side, but
there's a storm coming (no pun), with all the GNOME 3 planning, messaging,
marketing, etc. So I like to stay on board to help with it all.
I've been heavily involved in GNOME since about 2005. These days my hacking
can be summarized as:
- Keeping an eye on everything Unicode
- Developing everything font and text related
- Trying to keep GNOME lean
In more programmer-friendly terms, that means I (co-)maintain and develop on:
fribidi, harfbuzz, fontconfig, cairo, pango, vte, and hack here and there
further up the stack every once in a while.
On the non-hacking side, previously I served on the Accounts Team. More
recently, I've chaired GUADEC program committee for the past couple of years.
While on board this year, I've done (and if elected, plan to continue doing):
- Hackfest / conference organization
- Worked on the a11y outreach program
- Making sure Stormy find the information / people she needs to get
- Make sure decisions are made / things move forward
] [Thread Prev