Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections Spring 2009 - Preliminary results

On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 15:38 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Dave Neary wrote:
> > A small correction to explain exactly how random transfers work:
>
> In count 1, Vincent has 60 votes, they're shoved into a stack. The top
> 33 votes from the stack get redistributed in count 2.

	So the phrase "vote early, vote often" has a useful double edge - so
your vote gets re-distributed ? ;-) To me (at least) having a
deterministic, repeatable result is a rather useful feature of an STV
process.

	Regards,

		Michael.

--
 michael meeks novell com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot