Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections Spring 2009 - Preliminary results

Tobias Mueller wrote:

> If the results are not challenged, then the elected directors will be:
>
>       Behdad Esfahbod
>       Brian Cameron
>       Diego Escalante Urrelo
>       Germán Póo-Caamaño
>       Jorge Castro
>       Lucas Rocha
>       Vincent Untz
>

> Some figures about the votes: there were 382 registered voters. 213
> voters sent valid ballots. Two votes were not valid or empty.
>
> The results can be found at
> http://foundation.gnome.org/vote/results.php?election_id=13

Wow, yesterday evening Dave Neary asked me to pass the ballots through
OpenSTV, and I published this result: http://pastebin.com/f19a73a4 ,
which gives a different result: Behdad, Brian, Diego, Germán, Lucas,
Srinivasa and Vincent (that is Jorge out, and Srinivasa in).

This is all because I selected another STV variant, but all I could
find related to the voting method is the announcement email from
Vincent with "The GNOME Foundation has decided that the next
Foundation Elections will use a preferential voting mechanism, namely
Single Transferable Vote (STV).", without any details.

How was a particular variant of STV chosen?

Cheers,

        Frederic