Re: So what do people *except* me want from the foundation?

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Dave Neary <dneary gnome org> wrote:

  What do you expect from the foundation?

Leadership. I want there to never be another DVCS mutli-year long flame war. The only reason it ended is that Red Hat has the people, servers and bandwidth to JFDI for something of that magnitude. That worked that time. But Red Hat shouldn't be forced in to taking three-four employees off their other responsibilities to prevent GNOME from tearing itself apart. We need a way to make authoritative decisions in a healthy way and then to share the responsibility of making it happen without giving the appearance of back-room dealings or rule by fiat.

Consensus building and making travel happen (to affordable locations) are the only two things I want to see the Foundation doing.