Re: GNOME logo issue

Hi,

Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 19:27 +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
>> Selon Claudio Saavedra <csaavedra alumnos utalca cl>:
>>> http://www.randomimage.us/
>>>
>>> I think that would be some kind of copyright infringment (IANAL).
>> Thanks for the heads-up. In this instance, it is a case of trademark
>> infringement, not copyright infringement. I've sent them an e-mail asking them
>> to stop using our mark. If they refuse, we'll have to get the foundation's
>> lawyers to send a nastygram.
>
> I was just browsing my email archive for discussions about
> logo usage guidelines, and ran across this.  This site is
> still (or again), using the foot.
>
> Can we do something about this please?

Just replying to what I said back in 2006 (I'll let someone else take
care of it this time) - I'm not sure if we'd get them under trademark
infringement, it's probably a better bet to use copyright, since it
appears they just lifted some GNOME artwork for the logo.

I'll let our resident IANALY comment though... Luis?

(For the record, I got no reply to my email in 2006 and it never went
any further).

Cheers,
Dave.

--