Re: GNOME Travel Committee & Travel Policy: A proposal for consideration and feedback

Hi,

Stormy Peters wrote:
> I believe you can legally sign with a web form too. If you want the
> psychological impact of signing, that's different.
>
> I'm not an attorney, but I talked to one about web forms a while back.
> The trick to make it legally binding is to make sure you can associate
> the email address/login/person with the person that filled out the web
> form. That's why all the web services you sign up for send you an
> email that you then have to click through. But I don't think you're
> worried about the legal side as much as the making sure they know what
> they agreed to, right?

Yes - in short, what I think is useful is an explicit contract between
the foundation and the person being funded. Not contract in the legal
sense of signed in blood, but in the sense of an a priori agreed set of
terms involved, so that there's no confusion a posteriori.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary