Re: foundation-list Digest, Vol 68, Issue 13

On 12/13/09 8:49 AM, "Ciaran O'Riordan" <ciaran member fsf org> wrote:

> Yes.  You said that no one's yet demonstrated a problem, and you gave a
> solution for if the problem was demonstrated.  You're solution was 100%
> compatible with Richard's solution.

Except that we now seem to have had the (non-existent) problem redefined for
us: rather than the previous "_promotion_" (which I take to mean
"marketing") "of proprietary software" (as I've said, I'd prefer not to see
"promotion" in that sense of _any_ software on the Planet, it's neither a
marketing nor an advocacy organ), now it's simply "_favorable mention_ of
proprietary software"--apparently exclusive of any context whatsoever--that
requires comment (denunciation?) from the Foundation Board.

Not at all the sort of "bridge" I was looking for. I hope the Board has
better things to do than to police the "purity" of Planet GNOME at the FSF's
behest to spare us from seeing non-negative mention of non-free software
being made with impunity.