Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership
- From: Richard Stallman <rms gnu org>
- To: "Lefty (石鏡 )" <lefty shugendo org>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org, pvanhoof gnome org
- Subject: Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership
- Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:22:52 -0500
> You're also stretching the term "censorship" and related terms to an
> area where it does not pertain. For an organization to stand by its
> values, and not say things which conflict with those values, is not
Fine. We can simply call it "prior restraint" if you prefer, then.
Neither one fits. "Prior restraint" is US legal terminology for a
particular kind of censorship. For an organization to stand by its
values is not censorship at all.
] [Thread Prev