Re: foundation-list Digest, Vol 68, Issue 13

Putting aside, for a minute, the interpretations, elaborations and
rewordings, it's funny how similar the actual suggestions are:

Lefty says:
> if any instances of
> "promotion of non-free software" should actually occur, they can be dealt
> with when they do, on a case-by-case basis.

That's a rule (a policy), which is mild and doesn't involve jumping straight
to blocking a whole blog.  And it was suggested in heated opposition to this
comment:

Richard said:
> I think Planet GNOME should have a rule to this effect.  There are
> many ways to implement such a rule, of which "block the whole blog" is
> about the toughest one we might consider.  I'd suggest rather to try a
> mild approach;

I'm not saying all parties will agree on all the details, but this thread
might be more productive if the focus is kept on the actual suggestions.

--
Ciarán O'Riordan, +32 487 64 17 54, http://ciaran.compsoc.com

Please help build the software patents wiki: http://en.swpat.org

               http://www.EndSoftwarePatents.org