Re: Code of Conduct and Foundation membership

Hello Lefty,

On Fri 11 Dec 2009 16:37, "Lefty (石鏡 )" <lefty shugendo org> writes:

> On 12/11/09 7:12 AM, "Richard Stallman" <rms gnu org> wrote:
>> The most minimal support for the free software movement is
>> to refrain from going directly against it; that is, to avoid
>> presenting proprietary software as legitimate.
>
> This is simple nonsense. Software is software, and people write about what
> they do.
>
> I use free software, and I also use things like Final Cut Pro, for which
> there's no equivalent. You seem to feel I should be barred from writing
> anything about film-editing, since it involves "proprietary" software.
>
> My use of Final Cut is completely legitimate. There's no equivalent piece of
> free software, and even if there were, surely my tools are my choice, are
> they not? Your attempts to control what gets posted are completely out of
> line.

The four points in the code of conduct are:

# Be respectful and considerate
# Be patient and generous
# Assume people mean well
# Try to be concise

Lefty I think you are doing well regarding the fourth :) I would submit
that Richard has behaved in accordance with these rules[*], but always
after I read your mails or blogs on the subject, it ends up sounding
very combative.

I know you probably don't mean it that way, and I don't want to put you
on edge. I'm just sayin'.

And in the interest of *topic*, well, I think we have strayed from the
initial proposal.

Best regards,

Andy

[*] I consider the GCDS incident as adequately atoned for by Richard's
apology. YMMV.
--
http://wingolog.org/