Re: Free Desktop Communities come together at the Gran Canaria Desktop Summit

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:37 AM, Philip Van Hoof<pvanhoof gnome org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 21:06 +0530, Srinivasa Ragavan wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Philip Van Hoof<pvanhoof gnome org> wrote:
>> > Apologizes for asking.
>> >
>> > When was the community consulted about this decision?
>>
>> There was a survey request on the foundation list about the opinion
>> from the members.
>> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2009-July/msg00006.html
>
> Aha, thanks.
>
> Are the results of that survey available?

Looks like there is at least a FAQ addressing the reasons for the decision:

http://www.gnome.org/press/releases/2009-08-desktop-summit-conclusion.html
(scroll down a lot)

I'd be curious to see the survey results, too.  I do not disagree with
the decision to split, though I think we could have done the joint
conference a bit better.

Sandy