Re: Supporting GTK+

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 19:14 +0200, Olivier ESSERTEL wrote:

> I’m French developer (beginner), I’ve create an application using GTK+
> on Windows platform, and I wish to sell it.
>
> But, I don’t know if I must donate to Gnome Foundation some money for
> each program sold or other thing …

This is not necessary. GTK+ is LGPL licensed which means that you can
link it against a non free software application. If you'd sell your
software and yet wouldn't offer LGPL or GPL licensed copies of the code,
your application wont be free software. But for GTK+ that's fine.

If you do want to donate money, the best place to start is here:

http://www.gnome.org/friends/

Note that this doesn't apply for libraries in the GNOME platform that
are GPL. Only for LGPL licensed ones. Most libraries in the GNOME
platform are LGPL licensed, though.

> Could you explain me want I must do?

You can just sell your application.

home: me at pvanhoof dot be