Re: Advisory Board changes?

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Kalle Vahlman <kalle vahlman gmail com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Haven't seen this brought up yet, so thought I'd ask (out if curiosity
> mainly)...
>
> Since the recent Intel aquisition of OpenedHand, there now is in
> essence two entries for Intel in the Advisory Board.
>
> There doesn't seem to be anything to prevent that[1] and since the
> board has no decision making authority I don't know if it matters much
> that they do. I also don't know if the OpenedHand entity is going to
> vanish due to the deal.
>
> But, just to be clear, could we get some sort of statement about this
> either from the Board of Directories or from the companies involved?

We haven't formally discussed it yet. I assume that getting this
straight is one of the last things on the minds of the Intel/OH guys
and the board has no reason to rush them :) Obviously we want to
continue to deepen our relationship both with the OH team and with
other parts of Intel as well, so we'll work with them to make sure we
get it right.

In practice, it is worth noting that the exact nature of advisory
board seats are extremely flexible. For example, we often invite
advisory board members to bring technical advisors to calls. So I'd
expect that while there will formally be one less seat at the table
we'll frequently have representatives from both 'old' Intel and the OH
crew, depending on what is appropriate for the topic at hand.

Hope that answers the question-
Luis