Re: Software relicensing, how is it done ?

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 17:02 -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> I am not here to deny anyone free use of Glade, that would include
> any company who might need to write a proper sdk for their GNU/Linux
> based embedded/handheld/realtime/insert-flavour-here platform.

Seriously, that even more reason for hoping the relicensing of
libgladeui as LGPL does not happen. Basically, what you are proposing,
is that Glade be licensed in a way that it would favor fragmenting GNOME
while removing freedom to their users.

Linux and GNOME are not meant to be a cheap replacement to other
non-Free software. They are meant to be Free Software, empower users and
application developers. And I consider that these vendor that take Linux
and GNOME and make it proprietary in some way or the other are actually
riping off this work.

Hub