Re: Akademy+GUADEC *2009* Hosting Proposals

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 18:17 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> The GNOME Foundation and KDE e.V. boards received three proposals to
> host Akademy+GUADEC 2009. The bids are available for review here:
>
>   http://www.gnome.org/~behdad/akademy+guadec-2009-bids/
>
> The boards did not receive any separate bids for Akademy-only or
> GUADEC-only hosting.

I'm looking forward already to this event! Combining Guadec and Akademy
as the main event for both GNOME and KDE sounds like the best idea ever
proposed to me.

Let it be a moment of collaboration between two friendly competing
groups of passionate software development professionals.

I have great respect for the previous Guademy conferences. I noticed
Spain played a pioneering role in that. That's definitely a plus for the
Spanish proposals.

Nonetheless I'm a big fan of Finland (Saunas, forests, Nokia). My
personal preference therefore goes to Tampere.

My second choice is Coruña in Galicia. The nice guys at Igalia have been
telling me a lot about Galicia ... I just think I should visit it for
holidays instead of conference reasons.

I'm sure both the people in Coruña and Tampere both have the expertise
and infrastructure to host the event.

> At this time we are soliciting comments from the GNOME community and
> other GUADEC regulars.  Please use this thread on foundation-list to
> submit your comments.  The review period closes on July 4th, in
> preparation for making a decision in Istanbul.

Regards,

Philip

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org