Re: "Ga-nome" or "NOME"
- From: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- To: Ani Peter <peter ani gmail com>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: "Ga-nome" or "NOME"
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:05:31 +1100
<quote who="Ani Peter">
> I have heard a lot of people pronouncing GNOME as Ga-nome and I feel Nome
> is the correct pronunciation.
> Appreciate if someone please advise me which is the correct pronunciation.
When folks ask me about this at conferences and such, I always say, "doesn't
matter how you pronounce it, as long as you love using it", quickly followed
up with, "but GNOME developers say 'guh-nome' because the 'G' comes from the
'GNU' project". :-)
GUADEC 2008: Istanbul, Turkey http://www.guadec.org/
Wars end, love lasts.
] [Thread Prev