Re: "Ga-nome" or "NOME"

<quote who="Ani Peter">

> I have heard a lot of people pronouncing GNOME as Ga-nome and I feel Nome
> is the correct pronunciation.
> Appreciate if someone please advise me which is the correct pronunciation.

When folks ask me about this at conferences and such, I always say, "doesn't
matter how you pronounce it, as long as you love using it", quickly followed
up with, "but GNOME developers say 'guh-nome' because the 'G' comes from the
'GNU' project". :-)

- Jeff

GUADEC 2008: Istanbul, Turkey
                           Wars end, love lasts.