Re: Call for hackfest ideas
- From: JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
- To: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Call for hackfest ideas
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:21:47 -0400
On Tue, 2008-04-15 at 14:48 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> I guess most people have read various blog posts about how the GTK+
> hackfest went, and I've heard there'll be a small report about it too.
> But the general feeling seems to be that it was really useful.
> One of the things the Board wants to see happen this year is hackfests,
> and the fact that the GTK+ one was a success is a good sign that we
> should do this :-) But to make this happen, we need help from the
> community to come up with ideas of hackfests and we also need help from
> volunteers to lead this effort.
> So if you can think of a topic that would be suitable for a hackfest,
> please talk about it with a few people and share your idea.
> For budget reasons, it'd be better to keep the hackfests small (ie, not
> too many people). Note that a good hackfest is not just a good topic:
> you need to have the right people and a good agenda so that things
> actually get done.
1) Figuring out how to move open hardware manager (or hardware policy in
general) forward for non-mobile devices.
2) GNOME/KDE cross desktop issues (at least for more shared DBUS apis)
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
] [Thread Prev