Re: Creating new modules (was Re: Git vs SVN (was: Can we improve things?))

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 16:42 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Anyway. I'm not sure the old cvs-commits-list type approach really
> scales to GNOME's current size, but I think something *was* lost.

Yes, something definitely was lost.  It was quite pleasant to see commit
messages go by; people cared enough that you'd see jokes and funny stuff
deliberately written for the commit messages.

Then it became a firehose as the project grew larger.  I do miss reading
commit logs and wouldn't mind doing it for a few sub-projects, but
definitely not for all of GNOME.

  Federico