Re: Preliminary results for Membership Vote Regarding Change to Bylaws

<quote who="Dave Neary">

> Voting in referenda is generally not very high, and there was 0 debate on
> this issue on the list (I did see some grumbling on IRC, but nothing
> concrete), so it's hardly an initiative that's going to mobilise the
> troops.

There was buttloads of discussion around the initial plan, which partly led
to the revised implementation (mostly about extending the current board's
term, and we had legal advice suggesting the bylaws change). Based on the
length and breadth of the earlier threads, I don't think there was any lack
of discussion. :-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

   "I hear Tom Wolfe's speaking at Lincoln Center. [...] Well, of course
    we're going to fling poo at him!" - Mason the Chimpanzee, Madagascar