Re: Candidacy: Jeff Waugh

<quote who="Andrew Cowie">

> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 06:34 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> >  * This year has been pretty tough for me as a Board member, as I've
> >  been starting a new business which has required a lot of time, I have
> >  been travelling a lot, and conference calls have been at a particularly
> >  bad time for me in Sydney.
>
> Do you have a plan to deal with the situation this coming year?

Sorry, missed this mail until now... Yeah, I think the situation this year
is different in a number of ways:

 * I'm not organising linux.conf.au this time around, and I failed to
   realise how much an impact that really had on almost the first half of
   last year.

 * There were some extremely demotivating personal issues in the GNOME
   community that I had to contend with last year, which led to a fairly
   long period of depression (mentioned in my blog a few months back). I can
   only hope this doesn't return.

 * Finally, the nature of the work Pia and I are doing in our business is
   changing a bit from frenetic startup stuff to more regular, ongoing
   projects... and *hopefully* less travel. I totally thought that would be
   one of the benefits of leaving Canonical...

Unfortunately, I can't see the timezone thing changing too much. :-)

- Jeff

--
GNOME.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia http://live.gnome.org/Melbourne2008

   "People keep asking me why we aren't married, and he says, 'Every time
   I am about to ask you, you do something annoying'." - Kate Beckinsale