Re: Questions to the candidates

Hi,

2007/11/23, Anne Østergaard <anne oestergaard nu>:
> Questions to the candidates:
>
> Will you apply for the position as new Executive Director for GNOME?

No.

> Will you apply for any paid position within GNOME while serving as board
> member?

I don't plan to change my job next year.

> Will you attend at least 90% of the board calls?

There are no expected changes in my weekly time table for 2008.
Considering that, I think I'll have enough time to work on the Board.

> Can you accept competing official ISO standards?

Actually, I would say that we need to be really careful when defending
the opposite idea (one true universal standard for everyone) because
this can turn against us when trying push new/existing Free/Open
standards (as Jeff already mentioned).

So, yes, I can accept competing standards but it really depends on the case.

> What is your position towards official standards that do not meet the
> gennerally accepted definition of a free and open standard. Such as
> Microsoft OOXML?

I think I have already given my opinion about OOXML.